Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Month That Was. (or is)


Hefty January.


It's just the first (well technically second) day of the year and I find myself being caught up on a lot of things starting this month. Here's a rundown of some of the things I plan on accomplishing this month:


- Intermediate level of my Nihongo class.


    My beginner class ended about three weeks ago. Tentative start date of the intermediate class would be on January 10. And it would be for another 30 hours of finger lickin, tongue twisting and memory jamming japanese language fun.


- 2012 Annual Prayer and Fasting.
    
    More info can be found here


- Attend my Victory Group regularly.


    Well, I've been gone and missing in the group since I took my Japanese classes last November. And just when I thought I could attend regularly again, the impending schedule of my jap class starts to plague my schedule again. Hopefully I could talk my sensei into finding a compromise of not having classes on Thursday, no? 


- Start living a healthy lifestyle.


    And one step of that would be to attend and enroll in a gym. Got myself a one month unlimited gym voucher at Gold's Gym, and of course, I wouldn't let that go to waste wouldn't I? I plan on starting mid January, also still depending on my daily schedule.


- Attend online classes at Stanford University.


    They have a lot of cool and interesting subjects available via online classes. Like this one for starters. More information can be found on the respective subject's website.




That's just some of the highlights for this month of January. Not to mention the regular challenges at work, daily stress during travels, and my occasional delusional self. Guess I got my hands really full this time. But hey, being busy sometimes has its own benefits. Like taking my mind off someone for instance.          

1 comment: